Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Me the Senior Artist


Last year I discovered that painting was the media that I preferred to work with. Charcoal was another media that I did a lot of work with. My favorite was mixing the two.
I need to be able to move around a lot and I feel like painting gives me that freedom. I am a very tactile person and tend to use my hands when I paint just as much if not more than a brush.
I like the charcoal because I can help blend the colors with my hands.
These tendencies lead to a sometimes messy space, but I prefer a little mess.
I like being in the corner, and that my tables create and enclosing space for me to work in. I can't work in an open space.
My brother is an artist (ceramics) so our house is filled with all his work.
His work had different colors, textures, and shapes which is they type of stuff that I like workign with when I do art.
I am definitely more of an abstract artist. I've never been someone to draw what I see, but more the shapes and lines that I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment